top of page
  • Writer's pictureBot


Updated: Oct 27, 2022

Canada occupies one of the leading positions in education and scientific research. It hosts more than 572,000 international students every year.

Current scholarships for Ukrainians

There are no free universities in Canada, but you can apply for scholarships that will fund your education throughout your studies. They are usually awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements, although some of them also take into account volunteer activities and work experience.

Here are some of the resources for finding scholarships that are offered to Ukrainian citizens.

You can apply for scholarships, for example, using the Momentum service

Scholarships by the university:

1. The University of Alberta - one of the best teaching universities in Edmonton and has an international reputation in the humanities, arts, business, and engineering.

The University supports Ukrainian students, scholars, and alumni and actively works to ensure the safety and support of those affected by the war.

Admission for the 2023 academic year is open from October 1, 2022.

For more information, please contact the consultants at the link:

Terms of payment

Higher education in Canada is fee-based, both for Canadian citizens and for international students. Tuition and living expenses may vary depending on the study program and the province and location you choose.

To help international students plan their budgets, the Government of Canada, through the Council of Ministers of Education Canada (CMEC) and Global Affairs Canada, has created an online university program search and tuition evaluation tool.

According to calculations, for a bachelor's degree, the cost of study can vary from 1,800 Canadian dollars per year to about 20,000 Canadian dollars per year. The tool will also give you estimated costs for books and supplies.

Tuition for master's and doctoral programs can range from CAD 2,500 per year to approximately CAD 18,000 per year for a master's program. A PhD can cost around CAD 2,500 to CAD 17,000 per year.

Admission conditions for Ukrainians

Foreigners can enter only certain educational institutions. Provinces and territories approve (or "designate") schools that can enroll international students. These schools are known as Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs). You can choose the designated higher education institution from the list using the link

After choosing a university, you must apply to get there. Each educational institution has its own application rules. For university programs, make sure you apply at least a year in advance.

Contact the university where you want to study to find out how to apply. You will be given a list of all the documents you need to send. The university will be able to tell you about: the cost of applying, the cost of tuition, health insurance, housing rent, and necessary language tests. If the institution accepts you as a student, you will be sent an acceptance letter. You need this letter to apply for a study permit and visa.

What certificate is required and what are the admission requirements?

Any student who has a government-accredited high school diploma in their home country can apply for admission to a Canadian university.

In Canada, each university has its own entry requirements and will assess you on an individual basis. However, as a general rule, the minimum requirements for undergraduate study are high school graduation and good academic standing.

You may need to provide official documents such as high school transcripts. These documents may need to be evaluated and translated into English or French. You can contact the Canadian Information Center at international certificates ( for more information on diploma recognition.

Types of visas, visa issues

To apply for a student visa to Canada, you must have a Study Permit and provide proof of funds. To do this, you will need to prepare at least CAN$13,134 per year, excluding tuition fees. This amount is considered sufficient to cover living expenses.

Citizens of Ukraine can come to Canada with a Canada-Ukraine emergency travel permit (CUAET) for a period of up to 3 years or until the expiration of the foreign passport.

You can apply for a study permit after you arrive in Canada. Citizens of Ukraine are exempted from the study permit processing fee (CAD 150) and the application of citizens of Ukraine will have priority and will be processed free of charge.

Learn more about visa support for Ukrainians:

Duration of study

The higher education system of Canada offers the following study options:

  • University:

Bachelor's Degree (3 years): A high school diploma is required for entry

Bachelor of Honors (4 years): A high school diploma is required for entry

  • Master's degree (1-2 years): prerequisite: bachelor's degree

  • Doctoral studies or doctoral studies (3-5 years). Prerequisite: Master's degree

  • College or University Certificate (1 to 2 years). Prerequisite: high school + other requirements depending on the program

  • Professional education (3 years). prerequisite: high school + other requirements depending on the program

  • College Diploma (2-3 years). Prerequisite: high school diploma

Language of education

English, French

International students in Canada must demonstrate proficiency in English or French. Many English-speaking universities require a minimum score on a standardized language test. Francophone universities usually evaluate applicants on a case-by-case basis.

If your language skills are not sufficient, there are many Canadian programs that you can register for before applying to a university in the country, offered by universities, colleges and private institutions. For more information, go to the Languages ​​Canada website (

Important links

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page